Thursday, October 29, 2009

Where was I before my blackberry?

Honestly, this is crazy. People can get me no matter where I am and no matter what I am doing. They can call me or email. There is no longer the excuse of, "I was away from my phone." It doesn't work. And now, they can get you with a text and an email. There is no hiding. And I am kinda addicted.

I became a blackberry user in 2001. It was one of those rectangle ones. Early users will remember. It was just for email...and, maybe an alarm. Now, I have the curve, or something like that. I don't keep up on the stats of it, I just know it is red and I am lost without it.

It has all of my information. Isn't that a little scary? What if I lose it (which I have)? What if someone steals all my info? (which they haven't, I think). I like the fact that I have a mini computer that I can take with me anywhere, but I don't like that it is as attached to me as my arm. And, if it does go missing, which happens at least 2 times per day, I am frantic until I find it.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with this thing. I think it is brilliant technology but there is no getting away from it. What do we do? I guess every now and then, we all need to take a break from our blackberry's. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment