Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mommies and the "3 second rule".

I trust that everyone reading this is very familiar with the 3 second rule. Just in case, it is a rule that most mom's live by with regards to food that has fallen on the ground. If the food has been on the ground less than 3 seconds, it is still safe to eat. If we tried to take this kind of food from our children, we would be in constant motion for the first 3 years of their life.

The really funny thing about this rule is that I find that I am living by this rule as well. The other day, I dropped an M&M on the floor, picked it up and put it in my mouth. I was out in a public store. A woman saw me and said with a smile, "3 second rule, huh?" I looked at her, smiled and nodded. Her comment made me think about how often I do this. I don't seem to care as much about my culinary hygiene or something. Or, maybe, I am just too busy and tired to care. Either way, I think it is hilarious.

I think I stopped really caring about germs as much as I used to when I saw my son licking the floor of a Target store. Yes, I was shopping with my mom and I turned to look at something she was showing me. I turned for maybe 2 seconds and when I turned back, my son was laying down on the floor licking and licking. Yes, that is officially gross and it is when I threw my hands up and stopped worrying so much. When you think about, 3 seconds or 1 minute, it touched the ground so the big question is, how hungry are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment