Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good friends make for a better marriage

We have made some wonderful friends. The funny thing is that my husband has lived in this town for 18 years and has lots of established friends. But, it is true that once you have kids, you find a new set of friends that understand what you are going through. We have found a few couples and I am a firm believer that they make my husband and i better.

We are in the thick of it right now. 2 toddlers under the age of 4. Lots of crying and tantrums. Lots of loving and cuddling. I am trying to control the former and savor the latter.

Tonight, our friends walked into our house to my son screaming his head off cause he wasn't feeling well...I think teething. Most people would turn around and make like they were never there. But these friends walked in asked if they could help and ignored the incredibly disruptive noise. Having them there calmed me down as well. There is almost nothing more stressful than a crying baby. Especially when you want to help but can't.

I guess my point is that we are all in this together...our friends and us. It is fun and comforting to know that we have them to lean on, bitch to and laugh with!!

Thank you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment