Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do Good

One of my friends has an automatic post at the end of her emails with her name, number and a saying. The saying is very simple but for some reason it hit me yesterday. It says, "Do Good".

I just casually glanced at it when I first saw it but my mind kept going back to it. It is simple but means and stands for so much. It can remind us to give more to people in need. It can remind us to help someone in need. It can remind us to be pleasant and positive. When you think of doing good, what does it make you want to do? How would we, as a people, change our behavior? Would we be super conscious of holding the door open for people or carrying someone's groceries?

See, I think "Do Good" just means be a good person. Do good things throughout your day, as much as you can. If you are faced with a decision to let someone in when merging in traffic or not, do the good thing and let them in. All of these simple, kind actions can change the attitude of a large group of people. Doing good really puts the choice in the hands of the person who read it. I guess I just like it cause it makes me want to deliver. I want to do good. I want my kids to do good. Don't we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment