Saturday, September 12, 2009

Funk up your Date Night

Mix things up a bit. I know what you are thinking, "We rarely get out, Summer, we love going to the movies or going to dinner." I do too!! That is what my husband and I generally do on our date nights but we have tried to make a pack to spice things up a bit. Not in a lingerie kinda way. Although I need to work on that too(another post)! No, I mean spice things up activity-wise.

Before we had kids, we would have hike date nights. I remember falling on my butt one time cause it was in the middle of winter and the trails were packed with snow. We were out in the middle of darkness with headlamps on. It was beautiful cause the night sky was so clear, the air was so crisp and we were all alone. When I fell, we laughed super hard. You know one of those really great laughs that makes your face sore. In fact, I think I laughed so hard I peed my pants...hmm, probably too much info, but that was a really good date!

Well, those are the events we are going for. Night tennis, night hikes, bowling, bike to dinner,
"surprise me" date(where one person gets to surprise one week and the other the next). There are so many different ways to make your date night different and special. Since we don't get many of them with our busy lives, shouldn't we make them really count. And, if you don't like it, you can go back to the old stand by of dinner and a movie, that never gets old. Sneak in some M&M just to feel like the spice is there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment