Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just Because.

Last week I flew to LA on Monday...in and out in a day. Then, on Wed, flew to NYC where I worked until Friday and came home. All the while my back was still hurting me...arghhh, those flights are so hard on a bad back! Anyway, I survived just fine and had a lot of fun with my work and mom(whom I took with me). But I have yet to really catch up on my sleep.

My girlfriend noticed this. We met her for bowling on Sunday night and I was exhausted...but she could tell. Well, you know what she did??? She dropped off flowers at my house for me...just because! I love the "just because". I think it is one of the most thoughtful things anybody can do. She cared about me enough to notice that I was draggin and did something to make me smile. I actually think she could have put a poopy diaper on my front stoop as long as she said it was to make me smile!

I love my friends. They mean so much to me. Some I get to see more than others. Some I get to talk more to than others. But all of them are near and dear to my heart. I was talking to one of my friends the other day and she said that she was going to make a very conscious effort to put more time and energy into her girlfriend relationships. I told her that that is my goal as well. And, it isn't easy.

As working moms, we are pulled in every single direction. I want to be EVERYWHERE, doing EVERYTHING and that is just not possible. Some things have to give just a bit so that I can have some girlfriend time. Then, once you organize your calendar, you have to make sure it jives with all your friends. But making the commitment is VERY worth it. I love friends. I love how rich they make my life and I hope to make them smile with "just because" gifts every now and then too!

No comments:

Post a Comment