Thursday, January 7, 2010

Celebrity Apprentice!

So, it is out there...in the viral world and even in promos. I can now say to my friends that I was in NYC for a little thing called, "Celebrity Apprentice". Yes, I did meet The Donald. Yes, I did check out his hair. Yes, I was super hesitant and nervous when deciding to do it. Yes, I did it for my charity...Right To Play. And, yes, I had a super fantastic experience.

I must admit that I lost a bit of sleep over whether or not to do the show. I had seen a bit of last season's drama and it scared the shit out of me. I am not a very good fighter. I am a much better laugher. And I knew that wasn't going to get me anywhere in the boardroom. But, sometimes in life, you surprise yourself.

I brought my kiddos and my mom. The days were longer than long. Call times were as early as 5am and the days were consistently over around 10 or 11pm. I was crazy tired because, on my days off, I was soaking up as much time as I could with my kiddos and giving my mom a much deserved break. We had one day off a week in which to be normal...then it was off into a reality tv bubble.

I have to say, though, I was 100% the same person off camera as I was on camera. And, every chance I got, I spoke about my charity, Right To Play! www.righttoplay.com. In the end, I agreed to do the show for one reason, to introduce everyone to Right To Play and hope to spread the word about our work. We bring sport and play to developing countries and children who have been affected by war. I have been on 2 trips with them and they have changed my life forever. Once you see a child's face light up when they see our red soccer ball...you realize the power of sport and it's importance.

This blog is all over the place and obviously, I will write more about the show. All in all, I had a great experience. I am sure there will be things I wish I had said differently but in the end, I feel like I got to meet some amazing people, made lasting friendships and challenged myself in ways I never thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment