Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lunchtime Girltime

Plan a girl’s lunch

I love girl’s night but I am dying for a girl’s lunch. A mid day chit chat and girl time.
I enjoy my girlfriends so much and appreciate my time with them more and more every year. I don’t know what it is but as the years go by, I realize the importance of my girl time.

And I love the idea of a fun leisure lunch. It makes me feel like I am in Paris or some place fabulous. Sipping wine or having a little cocktail at lunch is so different from my norm that I welcome it with open arms. It is a reason to do a little happy dance and feel so special.

Life is just better with girlfriends. We get to talk about our kids. Our favorite shows or celebrities. Politics. Our husbands. All of it is wonderful. I was talking with my friend who said that her husband wonders what in the world takes her girls nights 3 hours. And she says to him that we are done eating in 45 minutes we take 3 hours to tell our stories cause we can never finish any thought when the kiddos are around.

It is so true. I find it impossible to have a full length conversation unless the kids are sleeping or we have a sitter. And you know what, mommies need the full convo every now and then. So let’s enjoy it over a lunch and refuel for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment