Friday, January 3, 2014

Write It Down: Why I Love the New Year

I am a very goal oriented, motivated girl, plain and simple. I like to write it down, see it spelled out, and then focus on it. A goal gives me something to work toward and experience. During my swimming career, I would do this every year with my coaches, and I lived for it – that moment when you get to analyze where you have been and where you want to go, then plan how to get there. It’s like my vitamin boost for life, and it’s exactly why I love the new year.

With 2014 approaching, I realize one major thing: I’d better stay on top of things this year because 2013 went by WAY too fast and time doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon. The kids are getting older, our careers are just as intense, and free time is a thing of the past. I had better get things organized so that I can make the most of every moment and remember as much as possible.

I find when you sit down with a piece of paper, or for me a composition notebook, and write down your goals, your dreams, and your life plans for the next 12 months; it can be quite exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment