Monday, June 29, 2009

Dear mom and dad...with pen and paper

We don’t write enough letters.
Don’t you love getting actual mail in your mailbox? All I ever get are bills and catalogs. I love when my birthday rolls around cause I get the real deal cards in the mail. It makes my day. My grandpa used to send me the cutest cards. He would underline certain words that he wanted me to really hear like, “most wonderful granddaughter”. I knew he really meant it when he did it and that made it even more special.

Toady, write your parents or if applicable, your grandparents a card. Tell them a funny story and let them know what life is like. Then make sure to tell them how much you feel about them and all they have done for you. I certainly don’t want to put words in your mouth but I will be writing my parents. I will tell them how great they are as grandparents and how much I appreciate all their love, support and forgiveness along the way.

I talk to my parents almost every day. I have great relationships with both of them. They have been divorced since I was 7 and I feel blessed that I got to know them both so well. We always say “I love you” before we hang up the phone. But as life gets more hectic with kids, I rarely find the time to let them know how much they mean to me.

Today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment