Thursday, October 10, 2013

My 10 Favorite Running Destinations

The moment I hung up my competitive swimsuit, I grabbed a pair of running shoes. At the time, I didn't even know I was supposed to have a separate shoe just for running. I didn't really think about switching to running or becoming a runner, I just ran. I ran with my girlfriends around the Stanford University campus. We fondly call it “The Campus Loop,” and it’s about four miles. Since then, I have run wherever my job has taken me. I’ve run at least 50 times around Orlando, Florida during my time hosting Figure It Out, at least once through every NBA city exploring while filming Inside Stuff, and on five continents while traveling for the Olympic Games, doing charity work, or covering events for the Today Show. There is no better way to see a city or get to know your surroundings than by slipping on your running shoes and putting your soles to the pavement!

With all that legwork under me, I thought I'd share a little exploring insight. Here are my 10 favorite running destinations. . .

#10

Scotland: The Highland Way.  We learned a lot about this trail while we were camping in the Highlands in Scotland.  My number 10 destination is Scotland's premiere walking route and can be accessed via path at almost every stop along the scenic way. The scenery is so raw and beautiful. And the 96mile trail has various paths along it's route, and hosts an annual race. I'm putting that one on my bucket list.  

Check out destination 1-9 on my Semi-Chlorinated Life blog.

1 comment:

  1. You have share really lovely places , I LIKE IT . I think of a destination as a point in life which someone has struggled long and hard to reach.

    London vacation rentals

    ReplyDelete