Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Summer on the Run: Blog 9 -- Rest days Are Essential



Summer on the Run: Rest days Are Essential to Training
Jan 2, 2013 11:17 AM ET | By Summer Sanders

Continuing the Summer on the Run 12-week blog and video series, blog nine. Use hashtag #GoRun on Twitter to followSummer and be part of the ongoing conversation.

I don't notice how tired I am until I hop into bed at night. It's my first chance to stop and think about myself. It's a great time to stretch and work through any aches and pains. It's also an opportunity to reflect upon my recent workouts, good and bad.

I ask myself (and you can do the same): "Did I get that hard speed workout done?" If you had to skip it, like I sometimes do, figure out when you can get it in this week.
I do my long runs on Wednesdays because it works best with my schedule. What's your best long run day? Make sure your training plan works for you and whatever you have coming up this week. It may be different from week to week, and that's OK.

Summer can't stop singing this week, whether it's Elton John's "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters," or her kids' favorite Fun album, "Some Nights." Her favorite weekend tune to carry you through your upcoming tough workouts: Eminem's "Lose Yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment