Thursday, June 14, 2012

17 Days of Chaos


The chaos of the Games.

The Olympic Games…they are an amazing 17 days of pure, crazy chaos.  And covering the Olympics is a fantastic blend of challenge, excitement, anxiousness, drama, adrenaline and awe-inspiring moments with a little exhaustion mixed in. 

I feel so blessed every time I get to be a part of the action, and I try to carry that sentiment with me every day of work and competition.  It is not as easy as it was back in 1996, 2000 or 2002.  Back then, it was just little ole me; I had no one else to worry about.  Now, it’s more of a family affair…my own little European vacation minus the Griswold’s. 

As a reporter, analyst and host, I realize I am not there to cheer for Team USA. But as an American and Olympic champion, I will be cheering my head off for all of my peers and friends. The 2012 Games will be my ninth Olympic Games as either a spectator, competitor, or reporter.  Each Games is unique and equally amazing.  Just like parenthood, it is a chaos that I love, appreciate and relish! 

We’re less than 43 days now…Bring on Opening Ceremonies!


No comments:

Post a Comment