Saturday, December 3, 2011

'Tis the Holiday Season of YOU!


Why do we want to sleep at the same wake-up time just because it's dark outside? It's the same time just a bit darker. Do you realize it is all in your head? The sun makes us happy, I get that. In fact, there is actually the most unhappy day…it is Jan 21st, the darkest day of the year. Can we all just agree to get over it right now?! No more, "It's dark out" excuses. Ok? Ok. Now let's get a plan.

Eat what you want during the holidays, just don't stop working out. I know there is SO MUCH TO DO during the holidays, but can you put your name at the top of that list? Do it. I would prefer you to get in an hour of cardio over homemade pie crust. For the Seinfeld fans, "This is the Holiday Season of YOU!"

You just need to be honest with yourself. Me, I love to eat during the holidays. I love to snack on those damn peanut M&M's or whatever other snacks seem to be calling my name from those random bowls around the house. I try to control it, and do keep it in moderation but…oh how I love it. So, I work out. I give myself the gift of me time and indulgence during the holidays, by taking care of my health. It’s a great message to send to your kids, to give to your sanity. You will enjoy the holiday more guilt free!!

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. In fact, you've motivated me to go for a run. Even though its damn cold. Also, I laughed when you said something about the Peanut M&M's in the random bowls--already had about 3 handfuls today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, quick question for you in regards to cardio.

    Do you think that doing cardio on the elliptical is a good form of cardio? I feel like it's a "wimpy" workout compared to those running on treadmills. Will the elliptical be a good form of cardio?

    I would love to get your take on this. Thanks!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Summer just thinking about this same subject. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete