Monday, May 9, 2011

The best Mother's Day EVER!

It really was a magical 24 hours. Which was so very different from my first 4 Mother's Days. I know I haven't been at the mom game long but I can tell you that this year was special...it was different and I can tell you the reason why. This year everyone was happy...especially mommy! Happy mommy equals a happy family, right?!

My husband asked me on Thursday what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I actually, for the first time, told him EXACTLY what I wanted to do. I didn't hint at something hoping he would fill in the blanks, I didn't say "oh, nothing" thinking he would have something up his sleeve. (because they generally don't...love um, but they don't) He said, "What do you want to do?" And I responded with this...

1. I want to go for a run.
2. I don't want to make or be in charge of a single meal.
3. I would like a yummy breakfast made by you (my husband).
4. I don't want to wash a single dish.
5. I would like a foot rub...nothing crazy...maybe 10 minutes of pure heaven.
6. I would like to go out to dinner without the kids.

I am telling you the truth when I say, he got every single one of the things on my Mommy's Day to do list. It was awesome. He listened to me and really genuinely pampered me for a day. And the kids caught onto it. He prepped them with the facts how the day was very special. All day long I was getting extra hugs and kisses from everyone...and he even helped them make me cards...a HUGE bonus! The husband got some extra credit points. And we remember that sh*#!

All day, he would ask me if I needed anything, if there were any changes to what I wanted and all I could say was, "This day is perfect!" I love being a mom everyday but yesterday was amazingly special. I soaked up every single second. My husband really got into it...and really got it! He listened to me...the greatest gift of all! And of course, the 10,000 kiddo hugs and kisses I got didn't hurt one bit! I hope everyone else had a magical day being loved or giving love!

No comments:

Post a Comment