Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sorry I have been away!

Time flies when you are having fun. This summer was exactly that. Fun! Fun! Fun!
It was the perfect combo of work and relaxation and excellent activities. We went to the pool plenty which the kids enjoyed so much. It is pretty funny how all the mommies are half in a conversation and half in life saving. I actually just enjoyed sitting by the side, soaking up the sun and watching the kiddos play in the water.
We have some great pools where we live. The shallow end is just deep enough for them to go under but shallow enough so they can stand super easily. I don't think there is anything that is more tiring for a kid than a day at the pool. It was heaven. We would play for 2 hours at the pool and then come back, have lunch and have a delicious nap.
I feel so satisfied when my kids spend lots of time outside and then take a super great nap. Now that I think of it, that is what made my summer so great. We used every ounce of great weather and had fun outside. We tried to camping but go pounded by a wind storm and sand was whipping in our eyes and through our tent and camper. We muscled through it for about 3 hours and then decided to call it quits. All that work to just breakdown our camp and head home. So sad. But we did stop at a wonderful playground on the way home, which ended the trip on a good note.
I took my daughter to Indianapolis for the US Nationals. My mom came along to help watch her while I worked. It was a really fun trip. Just us girls hangin out in Indy. She came to the swim meet a few times and fell in love with Julia Smit. And, of course, she loves Michael Phelps. When we came home, she would put her swim cap on and she would be Julia Smit while I was Katie Hoff. A fun game...especially when you are in the pool. :)

I am sorry I was away for awhile but now I am back and committed to this blog. I hope everyone had a wonderful summer. I will expand on a few of my summer tales. I hope that some of my stories as a mom, wife, friend, athlete, working-mom and struggling cook entertain you a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment