Thursday, December 20, 2012

Summer on the Run: Blog 5 - Reasons to get out there and run

Dec 19, 2012 12:50 PM ET | By Summer Sanders


Continuing the Summer on the Run 12-week blog and video series, blog five. Use hashtag #GoRun on Twitter to follow Summer and be part of the ongoing conversation.


I run because it opens me up. It's me time, and every moment I'm out there is a challenge that I have to meet.

It's not easy. It reminds me of when I was swimming -- it's freeing, it relieves my stress and it gives me focus. Those good feelings are not tied to one sport. They are part of athletes' universal language.

Running also opens up my creativity.

I always have my smartphone on me, which is crucial when I run. I think of all kinds of ideas while I'm out there... Read the rest here on ESPNW


Source: espn.go.com via espnW on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment